Yellow Clown Goby wont eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarred Darque

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ok, I know it isnt exactly sick..or dont think so, but I have yet to see this guy eat, have had him for 4 days now. He acts and looks normal, except a sunken belly. I have tried feeding him frozen brine shrimp, there are also live baby brine shrimp in there, and a few live mysid shrimp, plus diatoms from anew tank and other various small critters.

I am gonna try and feed him with cyclops tonight, but I dont have any garlic to soak food in for him.

Water params are spot on 0,0,5. I need to retest pH since I added more rock yesterday and a new mushroom.

Everything including the mushroom I got yesterday is eating except the goby, he is the only fish in the tank.

Everything seems happy too, the Mushroom is showing some beautiful bright green tips and has expanded a little bit, nesarius snails breeding like crazy.

BTW, this is a 'new' 10 gallon tank. About a month old or so with 19 lbs of cured liverock and a small cleaning crew.

SG is at 1.0235 right now. gonna bring it down later tonight when I top off the tank.

I have one of these - I *rarely* see him eat. Once in awhile he'll go after a whole piece of mysis - its pretty comical to see that.

I wouldn't worry, he's probably eating when you're not watching.

looks like he jsut started eating about an h our ago, there where a few extra brine shrimp in the tank, he went and nabbed a few of those, looks alot thicker now finally.

Back
Top Bottom