Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-26-2011, 10:22 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Unhappy Yellow Colony Polyp Problems

1. Type & how long you have had it:Yellow Colony Polyp, I have had it for 3 weeks
2. Current lighting & Bulb Age: 1 20 watt 7 months old, and 2, 31 watt high output bulbs about a month old
3. Nitrate:10
4. Calcium:unknown
5. Phosphate:unknown
6. Alkalinity:180
7. pH:8.1
8. Salinity:1.023
9. Temperature:78 F
10. Liquid or strip test kits: strip for everything but ammonia, which is liquid
11. Location in tank: middle
12. Current amount of flow: low/medium
13. Current tank dosing regimen like supplements? if so than i supplement iodide once a week and target feed zooplankton and phytoplankton about 2-3 times a week
14. Nearby coral: none nearby
15. Explanation of problem: Individual polyps have been dying off one by one and it started out with about 20 and now down to 4, they get gray and then just fall off, please help as I dont want to lose these, I really like them and have had success with other corals, I just dont know what to do with this

Old 07-26-2011, 10:24 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben10 View Post
1. Type & how long you have had it:Yellow Colony Polyp, I have had it for 3 weeks
2. Current lighting & Bulb Age: 1 20 watt 7 months old, and 2, 31 watt high output bulbs about a month old
3. Nitrate:10
4. Calcium:unknown
5. Phosphate:unknown
6. Alkalinity:180
7. pH:8.1
8. Salinity:1.023
9. Temperature:78 F
10. Liquid or strip test kits: strip for everything but ammonia, which is liquid
11. Location in tank: middle
12. Current amount of flow: low/medium
13. Current tank dosing regimen like supplements? if so than i supplement iodide once a week and target feed zytoplankton and phytoplankton about 2-3 times a week
14. Nearby coral: none nearby
15. Explanation of problem: Individual polyps have been dying off one by one and it started out with about 20 and now down to 4, they get gray and then just fall off, please help as I dont want to lose these, I really like them and have had success with other corals, I just dont know what to do with this
strips suck,since your using strips,i wouldnt be surprised if it were nitrate or nitrite causing it

Old 07-26-2011, 10:28 PM   #3

well, I have neon green colony polyps, a purple passion tree coral, and a spotted mushroom coral ( my tank is kind of beginner) and they're all doing fine
Old 07-26-2011, 10:30 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Move the coral higher because maybe it's not receiving enough light. How often do you do water changes? If they are frequent, then you don't need to add any supplements.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:45 PM   #5

about once a week

Tags
colony, polyp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com