Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-13-2006, 05:07 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Everybody lin the tank looks good and are acting normal except for the Cardinal. She is not herself since I added the Gramma and the Goby. She took food the first day they were in the tank but hasn't eaten since. She stays lower in the water than she used to and although she moves around a little, she seems to be crowded. LFS suggested live brine which I will try today. I don't think she is getting harassed either. I don't know what t is. Maybe she's anorexic. (hee hee hee)

". . . WoW, who ordered that?!"
Becks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:15 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
The PJ cardinal is a shy fish and should have a cave or something to feel secure. The addition of the gramma could be the issue since they like to hang out in caves as well, but given time they should work it out.
If feeding brine, be sure to fortify them with some quality vitamins like selcon or zoe since brine alone has next to no nutritional value. I would try some frozen/thawed mysid soaked in garlic and vitamins. Or, if you want to try something live, try some blackworms. I haven't had a fish yet that would turn their noses up at them. Good luck.

Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 06:20 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Newbie

boyBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com