Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-06-2008, 07:53 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
yellow tang ...

my yellow tang has weird things on his face it just suddenly happende
im not sure how it happened or what caused it to happen
it lookd as if his face was burned... i read an artice on HLLE and i thoguht it would be a disease but im not to sure after looking at images of fishes with that disease

sry but the picture is kinda of blurry but i had a hard time taking picure of my yellow tang since he constantly moves

ahh sry it really hard to see what im talking about
ill get another picture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00078.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	15535   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00079.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	15536  

peas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:02 PM   #2
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
Yes it sure does look like maybe it could be. What size tank? Do you have a ground probe? What are your water parameters? Stress and poor water quality are thought to be the causes from what I`ve heard.

melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:42 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to pat8you
please post
Any additional info you can provide us about your system would help to get us closer as well. How much live rock (in pounds) and how long the tank has been established. What do you use for filtration?
On the unlikely event that it is the tang this shouldn't really be an issue because you will really need to start finding a better home for your tang. Even though he is small, size isn't as much of the issues as room to swim. All tangs like to have lots of room since they are such active fish and will not be happy until they can stretch their fins so to speak. Not sure what the length of your tank is but for a yellow tang i would not suggest keeping it in less then 90 with 4' of length. 6' would probably be much better. You may be able to trade the tang in for credit at your LFS and kill two birds with one stone. The fish will have a better home and it will eliminate the possibility that it is bullying your puffer.
we have been over this with you. In your last thread where you were having problems with your puffer. You are putting fish in a tank that is to small for them and it causes them to be stressed and unhappy. We told you a month ago that this fish was going to be a problem. Do you have test kits yet? This is the third time we have asked for water parameters and still have not seen any. We simply cannot give good advice on what is wrong with your tank unless you have test kits and can provide us with your water parameters
pat8you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:41 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus
It looks to be facial erosion, a form of HLLE and ime/imo due to physical/mental stress factors more than anything else, but water quality would be nice to see as usual.
Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote

tan, tang, yellow tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com