Yellow tang color and questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rylanb123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had a yellow tang for about a week now and I've noticed the white stripe (stress line) but is he a normal color or pale I thing he is stress because of new aquarium not shure

Attachments

• image-4041682314.jpg
    image-4041682314.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 105
  • image-4130828399.jpg
    image-4130828399.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 90
Rylanb123 said:
I have had a yellow tang for about a week now and I've noticed the white stripe (stress line) but is he a normal color or pale I thing he is stress because of new aquarium not shure

Does he eat at all if so give him color enchacement foods

Well he is eating his brown seaweed and flakes and occasional brine I will try the garlic extract and he has 2 damsels clown Bennie and dotty back his isn't getting picked on I can te fins are fine 406 fluval filter it's still establishing so some nitrites 55 gallon thanks :)

If you have nitrites then your tank is not cycled = that's bad! Do some PWC to get it down to 0. Definitely try the garlic guard and feed regularly along with a meaty mix, all fish need a varied diet. Seaweed (for the tang) mysis, brine etc

Well I did cycle the tank but I got a new filter because I had a very bad hang on before

How much rock do you have in the tank? A new filter for a 55g shouldn't have caused another mini cycle.

Back
Top Bottom