Yellow tang help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Azul17

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've had my yellow tang for about 6 months and about a month ago he started hiding and not eating good. Finally he's not hiding anymore and he is eating better but I notice he lost color and he looks skinny. Any tips on what todo to bring his color back?

I

Attachments

• image-22061257.jpg
    image-22061257.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 208
By the way I feed him formula 1 & 2 also sometimes brine and mysis and also everyday i put 2 squares of green and brown algae

It looks like his fins have been nipped. Maybe he was hiding b/c he's getting bullied? Hope he recovers well. If he doesn't eat still try soaking the food in garlic extract.

I don't Think he was Being bullied. In fact he was the bully when I added a fox face he was very territorial but now they get along. He is eating fine so I hope he gets better. Thanx for ur reply!

You need to take that fish out and put him in a QT tank or else he will die. He is very very skinny and if he is too weak to compete for food he will not live much longer.

You say he is eating fine, but what is he eating? Is it the meaty stuff or the algae? It looks way too thin to be eating right unless it has something internal going on. QT tank would allow better observation.

Not trying to be the Tang Police here, but what size tank have you got? I knew someone with a blue tang in a 40g and the thing would eat, but kinda looked the same (really thin and discolored). Always figured that the small tank played a part in that condition.

I have a Powder Brown that i am nursing at the moment. He has gotten a whole load better because i have given him loads of attention.

All i can recommend is research the fish you have, feeding, tank conditions etc.

He does look really bad but that doesn't mean you're gonna loose him! Just give him extra attention and he'll pull through!

+1 on the quarantine though. Do you have anything you can cook up?

Thank you all for your advice. Likei said about 2 weeks ago he was worst. He is getting better. About a month ago he wouldn't eat and he'll be hiding all the time. Now he is a lot better. Every time I feed he eats more than any other fish and he doesn't hide anymore. I feed him green and brown algae twice a day and at night i feed formula 1 n 2. I have a 100 gallon tank.

Here is an update on my tang. He is doing a lot better and he is getting his color back. He is also eating normal. What do you guys think? Does he look better?

Attachments

• image-1301627378.jpg
    image-1301627378.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 148
Just paid more attention to him. Literary hand fed him brown and green algae and made sure he was eating everyday. My fox face is a piggy and he was eating all the food. That's why I had to Handfeed since my foxface is scare of my hand and tang isn't.

Attachments

• image-2395473211.jpg
    image-2395473211.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 84
  • image-3988905999.jpg
    image-3988905999.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 64
  • image-780657408.jpg
    image-780657408.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 79
Back
Top Bottom