YELLOW TANG IN A REEF TANK HAS ICH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

noelskii

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
my yellow tang caught ich...what medication should i use thats reef safe?

well i am new to the whole reef set-up my self but i have had a few years in FO and FOWLR i had a 55g and had a purple and yellow tang and a clown fish. and i was always runing into the purple tang getting ick. its like they like to have it or somthing lol.
well i got tired of moving rocks and trying to catch the little bugger and i stumbled across a fish checher lol i cant remember the name of it, its been a long time ago but i just put dryed sea weed in there and he came to eat and i closed the hatch and put him in a Qtank. then i did i guess what is called a hypo somthing and lowered the salt to 1.009 over a few weeks and then slowey move it back up to 1.025 took about 5-6weeks then he was fine. but if u have the little buggers in your mian tank and a fish is able to host the ick u wont ever get rid of it. its best to qtank them all and let your tank set for 5-6 weeks to give the ick's life span to die off.
i know i am not as good as some of these other guys but it helped me a bunch of times. kinda a pain in the butt, but these fish cost to much to lose if u know what i mean.
o by the way then i bough a UV lite and i sware by them if u do it right. other may not agree. good luck and i hope u get your problem under control

Back
Top Bottom