YELLOW TANG loosing its color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What are you feeding? The color has to do with the diet, Tangs need a good vegetable supply (Nori sheets)

How big is the tank? lighting? The tank is cycled right? I see its your first post so Im not sure what stage your tank is at? New, Old etc.
pick up some good flake food and nori sheets.

Welcome to AA! :smilecolros:

Seems to me that 5 days is very short for your tang to have faded due to poor nutrition (unless his diet at the LFS was equally poor). I know that my tangs tend to have less color at lights on first thing in the day than at the end of the day. Is there anything on the fish (dusty looking, spots, coating) causing this lightened appearance?

I feed my tangs nori, formula 1, formula 2 and Prime Reef. Add a little garlic and selcon to these and you have a good mixed diet. I'd add some angel mix into the rotation if I had an angel in the tank as well.

Good luck! Hopefully he'll rebound as the stress in transit dissipates.

I feed my tangs Grape Calerpa. Seems to keep them healthy and good color. Grow lots of it in my refuge. Good luck

Welcome to AquarimAdvice.com!!! :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
Lack of coloration can be a sign of stress. This seems more likely to me then a nutrition problem, given the timeline. Is the tang ealting at all? If so, what? Can you please post all water parameters (NH3, NO2, NO3, SG, Ph, temp)? How bigis hte tank, how long has it been running and what other livestock do you have in there?

Sorry that I never got back to anyone on this one but my tang is dead He did get his color back but then it looked like his mouth rotted away and then he died

Back
Top Bottom