yellow tang problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wiZzard909

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My friend bought a yellow tang from the lfs and it was all yellow. after a few days in his tank we noticed that it started getting splotches of brown around its eyes and mouth. Ive now transfered it to my tank for holding because of it fighting with an angel in my friends. ive seen similar markings at other stores ( Petco had one the same way) is this normal or is something wrong. pic is attached

Attachments

• dscf0090-tang.jpg
    dscf0090-tang.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 194
yea its a brownish color. hes also not eating much when i feed hell just float around looking at it and all the other fish will eat the food. he spends most of the time by a rock looking downward a lil and sometime around my crabs. kindof like staring at them.

mine wouldnt eat untill i put in some sheet algae rubberbanded to a rock and left to flap in the current , then he ate :D it all by morning,, we lost him to ick a few days ago :(

Welcome to AquariumAdive.com!!! :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
Need some more info. What size tank? What are your current water parameters? Is it eating at all?

well i guess we can forget about this thread... :cry: i came home today after work and found him floating on the bottom. hes a gonner.

my tank size is 20gal and everythings normal except the ammonia is about .25 because if a lr i had put in there. he wasnt doing too well in my friends tank either so i think thats what the prob was.

EDIT:
what is going on now one of my damsels are laying on the bottom floating there.

doesnt seem that that would be the problem i did a chemical test and heres the results

PH 8.2
ammonia between 0 and 0.25
nitrite was up about to 0.50
and nitrate is about 6
water temp 78 deg F
salinity 1.021

wiZzard909 said:
ammonia between 0 and 0.25
nitrite was up about to 0.50
and nitrate is about 6
Actually, these numbers would suggest it is a possibility. ph is only one possibility. Poor water quality, stress and diet are typically the main contributors.

Is this the main or the QT?

Cheers
Steve

it wasnt mine nor did i purchase it. i was only holding it for my friend until he was able to put it back into his tank. little did i know the water was off that much.

You may not have been the problem then... Your friend may have had the problem in the tank and due to the stress of capture and transfer, reveal itself in your tank...

Back
Top Bottom