Yellow tang question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thomsona

Aquarium Advice Activist
Tea Tree Gully in South Australia, Hottest State i
I have noticed at night my yellow tang develops 2 white lines down its side on each side and identical in length etc.. After lights have been on for 20-30 mins it disappears

Picture attached

Attachments

• image-3753405320.jpg
    image-3753405320.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 108
Last edited by a moderator:
I would say it's just your tang. If it's eating and seems well I wouldn't worry. I have read that at night they lighten in color and at first glance in the morning they might look pale, and then regain their bright yellow color after a few minutes in the light. Sorry I can't be of more help.

those two stripes are normal. if the two white stripes show during the day that means he is stress/scared at the moment. it usually happens to my yellow tang when i stick my hand in the tank to move around the rocks or clean up the sand bed. ... the white stripes also appear when the tang is sleeping. my guess is that he was sleeping when the lights were off and suddenly the lights turn on. he needs time to wake up so the white stripes will still be visible for a few minutes

Back
Top Bottom