Yellow Tang Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utradeshow

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a Yellow Tang that was in QT for ich, while she was in QT I added 2 Emeralds, a sally light foot for algea control. Now she is fine all day and evening but when the moonlights come on and it's time for bed she gets all upset and does that turning red in the middle with the white stripe down the center... Do you think she can't find a place to sleep anymore???? There are actually many places I think she could sleep without a crab beigh in there????? Any Ideas??

Well, define upset. Fish lose coloration at night and even more so when they rest. If a tank is upset they generally start to "pace" or swim back and forth quite fast. Is the tang restless or just the coloration change? It is out of QT now right? If it isn't pacing and just losing coloration I wouldn't worry.

HTH,
R-

My tang gets the same stripe at night . Like sumphead stated, many fish do that. Perfectly normal, I have seen it in the wild on night dives.

The white stripe down the middle is normal, but red isn't. Tangs are sensitive to water quality. Are your water parameters ok? Could be from ammonia, pH, or possible internal infection. I she eating normally? Hopefully it just looks like it is red, but isn't. Good luck

Mike

It does look like she get's restless and starts pacing a bit, I've only observed when the lights first shut off, so it might be just because of the lights turning off. As far as the red, it might just look like like red and not be red.. She is beautiful Yellow all day and evening, so I think she's healthy.. Thanks for the replies.. :D

How are you treating in QT? I'd presume not w/copper considering you got crabs in there.

Also, got some dead rock in there for it to hide behind?

Back
Top Bottom