Yellow Tang Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lanej20

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My yellow tang is acting kinda funny. He is hanging out at the bottom of the tank and acting real docile. I recently, not knowing any better, put a hippo tang in with him and this let to agression. I removed the hippo right away but ever since, the yellow tang has been acting like this. He will actually let me touch him!? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There is the possibility that you introduced ich in your tank when you put the other tang in there. Also your yellow tang might think the hippo tang is still in there. Is he breathing real heavy or have sugar like parasites on him?

He seems to look healthy. There isnt anything visible that would suggest otherwise, other than his attitude. He doesnt eat when I put food in the tank, but he isnt skinny either. It is really confusing. He does look stressed out though. Any other suggestions??

Get a veggy clip and put some dried seaweed on the glass and let him eat that. Tangs are herbivores. Other stuff is OK but vegetable matter is better.

I would also suggest soaking in garlic guard, this may get him to eat.

Back
Top Bottom