Yellow tang seems sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JVS__RAMBO

Aquarium Advice Regular
My yellow tang is acting wierd. He was doing fine I got him on friday and for some reason today he is zooming across the tank with his fins down and breathing very heavily it seems. Can anyone help please.

First thing you need to do is take some water test to make sure that is not the problem. After that do some PWC`s . Is he covered with any salt sprinkles like parasites?

He is not covered with anything. I did a water change earlier this after noon and I did change the salt from instant ocean to red sea but everything else is doing fine with the change , so maybe that has something to do with it. But I tested yesterday everything was fine, gonna test again in a half hour. He does seem to be zoomin across the tank and scratching himself on glass and he also keeps going to cleaner shrimp to get cleaned.

As far as feeding are you giving him plenty of greens. Dried seaweed on a clip. They are herbivores.

Yes I do the dried seaweed, when the moonlights turned on he seemed to calm down and his fins were staying low towards his body now he is swimming around with them fully out. Seems to be doing better guess I'll see in the morning

Back
Top Bottom