Yellow Tang turning white???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefaddict

Aquarium Advice Freak
My Yellow Tang is losing some of the bright yellow color on his stomach and its moving up to the head.

What does this mean? I feed him a slice of J.S. Sea Veggies everyday in a veggie clip. He tears into it and consumes all of it right away usually. He is about 3 inches.

Thanks for any advice!

I doubt it means anything. Many fishes colors will pale in captivity, are there any other signs that anything might be wrong?

Actually I fed it more Sea Veggies today than I normally do and it seems to have the color right back, and eating like a horse! I think I was under feeding the little guy. I have been just cutting a small piece of the sea veggie off, like about 2in x 2in piece..once a day. I gave him 3 of those 2in pieces today and he ate all of them, throughout the day.
Does this sound about right?

Thanks again
-Mike

Yellow Tangs eat a ton. I give mine a variety of frozed and flake food. I also put a piece of nori on a clip twice a day, she shares it with my Angel.
When she was new her color was a little white on the belly, she is now a bright yellow all over. It could also be caused by stress. How long have you had her?

Back
Top Bottom