Hello everyone. I am having a problem with my yellow tang. just got him a little more then two weeks ago. just started seeing what looks like white flakes (like dry skin) on skin and a white blob on fin. fish leans towards other fish looks like he wants them to clean him. I dont think its ICK because there is not small little things just one big blob. also no ick on tank glass. My temps are high I have no AC
. please help me. He is with another fish I've had for 2 years!!
1.. How long have you had the fish? Do you know if it was wild caught, or tank raised? since June 15th
2. How long has the fish been in the tank? What are the tank mates? Any aggression? since June 15th
3. Is the fish eating? If so what does it eat? flakes
4. What are the water parameters? pH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, SPG? (actual numbers please: posting high, average or normal is not helpful) What saltwater test kit are you using?
Measured Nitrite at 0 ppm
Measured Nitrate at 0 ppm
Measured Temperature at 84 F
Measured pH at 8.4 pH
Measured Ammonia at 0 ppm
Measured Salinity at 1.0215 SG
5. Is the fish showing any physical signs of disease, grain of salt size spots, discoloration, ragged fins, misting or spots on the fins, cuts, cloudy eyes, etc?
yes flakey skin and blobs on fin
6. Is the fish "flashing" (scratching or rubbing on rocks, decorations or substrate)? not much, will look tomorrow
7. How is the fish acting? Is it swimming around, or just hovering in one spot or corner of the tank? swims fine. hovers around other fish and leans to the side.
8. Did you use quarantine? If so for how long and did you have a need to treat for any ailments? Is it in qt now? Are you currently treating with any medication(s)? did not
9. Describe in detail how the fish was acclimated. add cup of my water to LFS
water 3x (1 hour)
10. What size system? What type of filtration do you use? Do you have any live rock or sand? 75 gallon. aquaclear 110. 50lb live rock 50lb sand
11. Do you use any additives? Have you used any sort of meds in the main tank? no