Yellow Tang... white Spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OH MY God... That was a crazy experience... I think she hates me now.

But, I got the cyst off.... What's best to disinfect the nets with?

Can you just be a little more specific... like brand and product name? I hear using bleach all the time for cleaning up the QT after treatment and things like that, but never understood exactly what bleach they were talking about.

I netted her, then placed her in the net on top of my glass cover. I waited till she calmed down a little and stopped flapping, I covered her tail spine with the net so she couldn't cut me then with a flashlight in my mouth I located the cyst and rubbed with my thumb with just enough pressure that I could fell her sides but not pressing down hard on her... I didn't need to use my fingernail, just the skin of my thumb. Then I put her in an isolation chamber to make sure I got the cyst off...you don't want to release them only to find out you didn't get the cyst off and need to catch them again. I did it quickly... 2 minutes tops...

Well the tang seems to be doing fine... Just how contagious is this Lympho????? anyway? Do I REALLY need to put her in a QT?

Also, my clown... didn't make it :( He's gone and in the QT. If I decided to put the tang in the QT, is it safe? Or do I need to change out all the water first (taking water from the main tank of course)

Just how contagious is this Lympho?????

It's pretty contagious if the fish are stressed, in a healthy tank, IME, it's not that contagious. The thing is, you should plan for what can happen, rather than what is likely to happen.

He's gone and in the QT.

Stupid question, but you did remove the dead clown, right?

If I decided to put the tang in the QT, is it safe? Or do I need to change out all the water first (taking water from the main tank of course)

I would change out all the water and sterilize the tank if possible. We really do not know what the clown had and it's a risk I wouldn't take.

What I have done is turn the temp up on the tank, it will make the ick go through its life cycle quicker and die of before it can harm the fish. I have tried it and it works well for me very well.

yeah the clown was taken soon as I saw him belly up. As for the main tank, the rest show no signs...I just did a water change... I don't want to stress the tang anymore...and I don't see anymore cysts....I'm taking the chance I know...but QT's make me nervous.

Ana, Anastasia, is fine. I took her out and scraped the spot off of her fin. Then feed her food soaked in garlic...she's fine... I don't know what it was that she had, but she's fine now.

Back
Top Bottom