Yellow tang with fin issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal-Chin

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a yellow tang that I've had for 2 months or so. Medium sized, eats like a pig. Very active but totally non aggressive. Only tang in the 125 gallon 6 foot tank.

Yesterday I see him flashing, oh no, not a flashing tang!!!

So he has no ich spots anywhere, but his left side fin has gone from totally clear to almost a milky color. I don't see spots of ich or anything buy his fin has clearly changed visibly in a day. Anyone know what causes this? After seeing this I inspected all my other fish (2 clowns, blenny, angel, bluejaw trigger and leopard wrasse) and none of them show any signs of anything.

Thoughts on one fin going from clear to a whitish color?

Do you have any pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I know several years ago my yellow tang had the same issue and I was told that ich would cause that to happen. The fin was milky white and when I put it in the QT and observed him I could see a few on his fin. I would continue to keep feeding him esp. some dried seaweed or nori if possible. It has vitamin C in it and will help to boost the immune system. If he wont eat it then feed a seaweed based flake food like spirulina or other vegetable matter flake food. It worked for me anyway.

Back
Top Bottom