Yellow Tang With Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

i purchased a yellow tang yesterday. it seemed fine but when i looked at it today it has ich. all my other fish dont have it only the tang. could i have bought a tang with ich or was the paracite in my tank? im not sure how these things are transmitted. should i get rid of the fish?

Tangs are more prone to ich than other fishes. It might have been ur tank's parasites that infected the fish or the fish was already infected from the LFS. You should QT the tang ASAP to avoid the parasites from infecting other fishes in ur tank. Google Ich and u'll find out what is ich and how to prevent/cure it. HTH

Fiji, I moved this to the sick fish forum where it will get the attention it deserves

If you saw white specks on the fish the next day it probably already had it when you got it. The problem is that now it is in your tank wether you take the YT out or not. The only way to guarantee 100% removal is QT all the fish and hypo leaving the main fallow for 8 weeks.

thanks brian. i just checked today and the ich seems to be dissapearing, instead of the fish being covered in specks theres only a few left. is this normal?

I am researching ick cause I have a case on a pbt. From what i have read it will seem to get better because they have left the fish to reproduce but they will come back and their evil spawn too.

Back
Top Bottom