Yellow tang with tiny black dots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For a QT i use a 30g storage tote a small HOB (I fill with poly-fill) which stays on my DT till needed a heater and a small UV stair, The HOB lets me avoid any cycle Use new water for your qt.Do you have a sponge that you can use to seed the QT? if not you can try cycle or night out to jump start things put some PVC elbows in the qt fish need places to hide. I use 4in.
The main tank will need to remain fallow for about 8 weeks this will let the ich die off it needs a host to survive You may need to do some PWC's on the qt to keep things under control

Grizz said:
For a QT i use a 30g storage tote a small HOB (I fill with poly-fill) which stays on my DT till needed a heater and a small UV stair, The HOB lets me avoid any cycle Use new water for your qt.Do you have a sponge that you can use to seed the QT? if not you can try cycle or night out to jump start things put some PVC elbows in the qt fish need places to hide. I use 4in.
The main tank will need to remain fallow for about 8 weeks this will let the ich die off it needs a host to survive You may need to do some PWC's on the qt to keep things under control

Hi. Sorry don't mean to sound to stupid but what is HOB? Also what do you mean by 'Do you have a sponge that you can use to seed the QT? if not you can try cycle or night out to jump start things put some PVC elbows in the qt fish need places to hide. I use 4in.' ???

Thanks again

- Danny

HOB = hang on back,DT= display tank, some people keep a sponge in there sump/fuge it holds a bacti base.(used to seed QT or another tank) 4in PVC elbows gives the fish a place to hide lowering there stress level while in QT.
You will need to seed the QT some how to prevent a cycle if you use live rock from your main-DT- tank you cant reuse it in the DT again (meds will leach)

Cycle and night out are additives that you can use to shorten the cycle time as it has the needed bacteria

Back
Top Bottom