Yellowtail Damsel turned black.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MyMonkey

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well, I have s few fish in QT. They were apparently exposed to toxins from a Sea Hare. The yellowtail Damsel that is normaly Blue has turned black. He will go in and out of blue to black in a second. Swim around blue, lay there black. Is this odd or what. Never seen this before.

I have black damsel that have a yellow tail, they look like chromis. They are mean.

MyMonkey said:
Well, I have s few fish in QT. They were apparently exposed to toxins from a Sea Hare. The yellowtail Damsel that is normaly Blue has turned black. He will go in and out of blue to black in a second. Swim around blue, lay there black. Is this odd or what. Never seen this before.

The same thing happened to me when I had blue and gold damsels. Their gold bellies would sometimes almost turn black. I don't know if it is a lighting thing becasue I also had a 4 stripe damsel that would turn almost white in the dark, and then brighten back up in a few minutes after I turned on the lights.

Back
Top Bottom