Young Clown fish, inflamed gill?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bkmrsteel

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got two baby clown fish as my first two. They have been in there for three months now, and growing fast (stock together like glue, there so cute). However, I noticed the other day that the smaller one had one gill that looks puffed out? I can see the gill looks a little red, and seems inflamed. Its only the one, on the one side.

They are both healthy, eating, active, and get along. Never had any ammonia or toxin spikes. sel stays at 1.025. I have not seen any of the other fish picking on them, everyone looks to be getting along perfectly.

He dose not seem effected, or short of breth. After a few days, and it not having changed I thought I would ask.

Fish: the two clowns, six line, blue tang, banded cardenal,
Inverts: emerald crabs, britle star and snails.
Coral: hammer, tooth, mushrooms, and zoas.

Thanks,

So nothing? No change, still inflamed, still eating, still healthy in every other regard. I never noticed it before, but its not a birth defect by chance, is it?

Both my clowns have a reddish colored spot near it's gills. I thought it was something but I believe it's just it's coloration.

im growing more concerned as his gills are not looking any better. He is still full of color, eating, and playing, but his gill is looking more puffed out?

All my perams are in check,

Some one today said they thought it might be an infection in the gills. Thought to be broght on by a scratch in the gills, perhaps from a bit of sand that may have gotten stuck.

Back
Top Bottom