Your quarantining routines?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscarr19

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm going to pick up my first ever saltwater fish this week and I picked up some prazipro and cupramine. I'm just curious what your quarantining routines are so I can have a better idea as to what to do.

I bring the fish home drip it for 2 hours then add it to my qt. Leave the fish for a minimum of three weeks and watch it closely. Don't add any meds unless its necessary.

When I bring new fish home they get temp matched for 20 minutes then put in the hyposalinity qt tank for 4 -6 weeks .

From what I've read/told was to treat with prazi pro and cupramine for 2-3 weeks and watch for any bacterial infections but I've heard of hypo salinity as well.

I do hypo. I set my salinity at 1.010 for a couple weeks. If in that time I see no issues I slowly bring the salinity up to match that of my dt.

I do hypo. I set my salinity at 1.010 for a couple weeks. If in that time I see no issues I slowly bring the salinity up to match that of my dt.

I'm doing meds for now but I think I might try hypo next time around since it seems to be a popular choice.

Ich can still survive at 1.010. It needs to be below that. I usually shoot for 1.008 to leave room for salinity rise when it evaporates .

Back
Top Bottom