Zebra Moray bit Golden Puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peabody

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone. I'm new to this site and looking for some advice. I brought home a Golden Puffer about a week ago. He has been doing great and eating very well. Last night, he was eating a piece of shrimp and my Zebra Moray bit his side! I have had the Moray for 6 years and he has never done anything like that but I guess there is a first time for everything. The Puffer didn't seem too disturbed by the bite. He continued to eat the shrimp tail that he was munching on. His side had a lighter colored blotch on it, but the skin was not broken. Today, the skin looks fine but he has been acting weird. He is mostly sitting at the bottom of the tank and his equilibrium looks slightly off (he is a little wobbly). He ate well but not with the same enthusiasm that he normally has. I am assuming that the Moray bite was what triggered the change in the Puffer's behavior. Any suggestions on how I can help him get back to normal? Thanks!

Good news...Puffer is fine now. The next day he was a little more active and today (2 days later) he was back to his normal self. Yea!

That is very good to hear... I think I would move the puffer to another tank so it doesn't happen again. But that is just me. I have always wanted an eel but always afraid to put him in a tank with other fish for that very reason.

Back
Top Bottom