Zoa poly fail!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oscadoob

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys ive never been much for high end zoas but saw 2 polyps I really had to get. An untouchables and a gb fantasy. Now both are on my frag rack to grow out but my more expensive of the 2 seems to be a dud. The other is open and doing well

1. Type & how long you have had it:
Gb fantasy zoa had it for 3 weeks
2. Current lighting & Bulb Age:
Tmc iluminaire v2 900
3. Nitrate: 0
4. Calcium: 420
5. Phosphate: undetectable
6. Alkalinity: 7
7. pH:8.2
8. Salinity:1.026
9. Temperature: 25 c
10. Liquid or strip test kits: jbl and salifert liquid
11. Location in tank:frag rack top 3rd
12. Current amount of flow: low-med
13. Current tank dosing regimen:
Reef a and b 5ml once a week and Ca and Mg as required
14. Nearby coral: none
15. Explanation of problem: not opening up.. Gathering algae. Seemed to be trying when I first bought it but now jut stays closed and doing badly.. Thought zoas were indestructable

Sent from my D6603 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Zoas seem to be more sensitive the more 'rare' and expensive they are. The more we want them, the more easily it seems to be that we can kill them all off.
With that said, have you tried placing it in a different spot in the tank? They are still sensitive to flow and lighting. This could be as simple as a happier spot can result in happier results.

Zoas seem to be more sensitive the more 'rare' and expensive they are. The more we want them, the more easily it seems to be that we can kill them all off.
With that said, have you tried placing it in a different spot in the tank? They are still sensitive to flow and lighting. This could be as simple as a happier spot can result in happier results.

I tried to move it the same day I posted but its dead now anyway. Maybe just a dud. The guy I had them off has offered to replace it for postage costs so thats pretty good considering most people get a 2 hour doa

Sent from my D6603 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom