Zoas melting away

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

epaz

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently bought some zoa frags and put them in my DT they have been fine for 2 wks now I upgraded my lighting from t5 to LED and now they are starting to melt I had them high in the tank so I now moved them to the sandbed. Is there any hope of saving them? Or could it be something else?

I moved them this morning as soon as I discovered their state of being. They are slowly opening back up. Is there hope of them recovering from this in your opinion?

I got a frag of Eagle Eyes a while ago and most looked bad when they arrived. Those died off, but the four survivors have bounced back now. Opening up should be a good sign.

Good deal thanks for the positive note! If you uh ever frag any of those eagle eye let me know todd!

I'm just starting this reef tank, so fragging might be down the road a bit. Those don't seem to be multiplying yet, (neither are the King Midas that I got at the same time), but my Flaming Punk Rockers have gone from two to about eight in just a few weeks. Seems like there are about two new polyps every week or so.

Yeah so we're mine until I moved them from my 75g to my 125g with the new LED'S they are still very closed up and shrunk down. Do you think I should move them back to the 75g in hopes of saving them todd? I have an LED bar on that tank as well just not as advanced as the lights on the 125g I just don't want to lose these guys

Let them sit on your sand bed for a few days, maybe try a little shadier spot and see if that helps, but it sounds like they just need to adjust to the new lights/system.

Back
Top Bottom