Zoas not opening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmarine

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I had a problem with dinos in my tank recently, and they are all gone now, but my zoas aren't opening again. One of them has barely opened since I got it about a month and a half ago. All params are normal, except pH may be a little low at 7.9. Should I dip them in freshwater? I don't have any straight up RO available right now, but Could I use bottled water or water from a FW tank?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Just checked salinity with hydrometer, that's a little high at 1.028.

How do I do an RO dip?

How do I do an RO dip?

I had a problem with dinos in my tank recently, and they are all gone now, but my zoas aren't opening again. One of them has barely opened since I got it about a month and a half ago. All params are normal, except pH may be a little low at 7.9. Should I dip them in freshwater? I don't have any straight up RO available right now, but Could I use bottled water or water from a FW tank?

You can use bottled distilled water if you don't have Ro

Just checked salinity with hydrometer, that's a little high at 1.028.

How big is your tank
you can drain a gallon of water than add a gallon of distilled no salt wait a hour check salinity if needed repeat your aiming for 1.025

Originally Posted by bmarine
How do I do an RO dip?

doing a ro dip isn't going to get them to open
the high salinity is causing them to close up
I also blow them off once in a while to remove all the crud that builds up in the polyps

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom