zoas not opening:( help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Red44

Aquarium Advice Freak
It's been almost 2 weeks and they still haven't opened I belive somthing is eating them I see white circles on them and this spiney thing crawling on them that I'm trying to get him off what can I do to help it?

You can dip the zoa and it should kill what ever is on it. Look up zoa pox, nudibranch, sundail snails and zoathid spiders usually a dip will take care of the problem I use Lugol's. Remember if you have any adult pests chances are you have eggs someplace and most dips only kill adults.

joy13 said:
You can dip the zoa and it should kill what ever is on it. Look up zoa pox, nudibranch, sundail snails and zoathid spiders usually a dip will take care of the problem I use Lugol's. Remember if you have any adult pests chances are you have eggs someplace and most dips only kill adults.

I know exactly what it is now thxs it's Nudibranchs and their Eggs all over the zoas I'll try the dip method

I know exactly what it is now thxs it's Nudibranchs and their Eggs all over the zoas I'll try the dip method

As far as I know there is no way. At a fragging demonstration he said to take them off and control the adults with dipping and manual removal.

Thanks I'll cut the zoas that I see have eggs on them

Back
Top Bottom