Zoo Polyps Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arod-diaz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What should i do my polyps arent doing so hot. This rock actually has to different color polyps but only the green seem do be doing good. Its been about a week and a half since they all open up. What should i do?

Attachments

• P1090085.jpg
    P1090085.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 85
Water Parameters? Lighting? How long has your tank been set up? How long have you had the zoas? How long did you acclimate them?

Water Parameters? Lighting? How long has your tank been set up? How long have you had the zoas? How long did you acclimate them?

Its Been set up for about 1 and a half months
ZOA's have been there for 3 weeks
Lighting 2' 65 watts corallife 4.6 watts per gallon
Parameters for reef tested yesterday:
0 Nitrarte
0 Phosphate
340 Calcium
214.80 ppm carbonate Hardness

What coloration are the other polyps, what other corals are in your tank (If your profile isn't up-to-date), have you noticed any fish picking on them, and is there any white "cheese" covering any?

What coloration are the other polyps, what other corals are in your tank (If your profile isn't up-to-date), have you noticed any fish picking on them, and is there any white "cheese" covering any?

They are light pink. There are no fish picking on them all my fish are reef safe. What does the white "cheese" look like.

Reef safe is a suggestive statement. Couple of things. The tank being new could have something to do with it. pH swings can cause them to be unhappy. Temp swings will do the same thing. Corals like stable conditions and a new tank tends not to have stable conditions. The tang, not a good choice for the tank size. The Sailfin will get very large and need at minimum a 6' tank to be happy. Tangs can sometimes nip at zoa polyps.

Back
Top Bottom