Zoo Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Unfortunately I am having my first problem with a coral.

One of my zoos (see pic) has not been opening for the last week. Everyday it spreads more and more and now only the ends are opening.

I have searched well at night for nudis and nothing. Could this be a fungus?

All my corals are all growing rapidly and very healthy so I was surprised to see this.

Any suggestions. Should I move it to a different flow?

EDIT:OHHH sorry all, wrong forum!

Attachments

• sick_zoos_207.jpg
    sick_zoos_207.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 32
Hey Mike, Make sure of of moderate light and flow. Have you done some water checks lately. I`m going to move this to appropiate forum

Hey Mel,

I do checks all the time and did one last night. Everything is the same.

My other 3 Zoos are doing great. I have 1 in higher light, higher flow, and 1 in the opposite.

Any suggestions? How do you feel about this zoo dipping stuff?

I guess you are talking about iodine dip. I would make sure no one is bothering them if others are ok and those are not.

That is what is wierd. I have been watching closely. no nudis, snails, hermits, nothing. Every day more of it does not open. Most of them are not closed all the way. They look like they want to come out but are not.

You think I should move them and see whay happens first? They wont harm my other zoos right? The reason I ask id because my pink favorite zoos have grown incredibly fast for pinks and they are turning into a real nice colony.

It seems that some of the polyps are opening up today. Is there any normal cycle that zoo's go through that would make them not open for a little while?

Back
Top Bottom