zoos not opening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phish7740

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok so i have three frags of zoos two green sets(10 polups) and one yellow(5 polups).

i got them all at the same time about 7 weeks ago. the two green ones have doubled in # of polups....the yellow one has not grown any new polups and has been closed for the last 2 weeks. i have been looking at night for critters/snails eating them at night or day, and i cannot see any. i moved the frag and left it alone for a few days in a new location and it still wont open. even tried the sand and high up near the lights.

my levels are all good, temp stable, the only thing is i just got a refractometer and found out my SG was up to 1.026 and i lowered it a few days ago to 1.023.

any ideas why just one frag would be closed for this long?
thanks.

If you lower or raise the salinity too fast it will stress your corals out. They need to move 1 point every couple days. A 3 point change all of a sudden is too much.

water tests fine....its only one frag...they other two frags are open and growing.

it has this brown "dust" like on it...is it diseased?

i did a freshwater dip for 2-3 min. but didnt help.

they are getting much smaller now...i think its dying

It sounds like something is munching on it. You said you looked at night. Are you looking an hour or so after lights out? Wondering if your giving the night stalker time to come out. I bought a zoo frag that came with it's own lovely group of seaspiders that were munching away at it. They suck the life right out of the polyps but they are very hard to see. They look like detrius/silt floating around in the current. I'd keep watching, maybe at different times after lights out. I'd also consider moving it to a QT tank and see if it comes around.

yea i watched it a couple hours after dark...no visible hichhikers.

its just weird that the other two frags are fine. and for a while they were both on the same rock.

Back
Top Bottom