zoos not opening? *UPDATE*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ellisz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all,

After getting my refractometer, I have been trying to slowly get my salinity down to 1.025. It was at 1.028 and amazingly, my tank was doing great and everything was growing well.

After my latest water change I dropped the salinity to 1.025 from 1.026. I would think this would not be that bad but my zoos have not opened in 2 days and some of the LPS's don't look as nice. My leathers seem to be ok but the biggest sinularia leather I have is not as full as it usually is. Xenia and anthelia have not been effected, of course.

I also pruned my fuge but all the macros are green so all looks good there too.

I figured I would wait it out a day or 2 more but thought I would see what everyone thought. I will do some water testing today but all tested fine a few days ago. Unless something was wrong with my top off water it should be fine. I only did 5 gal in a 100 gal system.

Thanks

Agreed..they should be fine.

What kind of macros do you have in the fuge? Certain types of Caulerpa can release toxins into the water which will cause corals to react like what your describing.

I have chaeto mostly but there is some caulpera mixed. None appear to be clear looking so I guessed nothing was going sexual.

Thanks

Just an update to my post:

My zoos have opened up and look ok but my mushrooms are still closed up. They have not opend in 2 weeks now. They don't appear to be deteriorating but they are not opening. Ricordia seem to be ok as well as my other corals. My starfish is still cruising around too.

Water tests ok and I have been running carbon.

Any ideas?

is you refractometer calibrated? i dont own one so i dont know how they operate or if they can be calibrated.

steve r

Yes, it reads 1 with RO/DI water and I checked the water on a livestock purchase of a reputable LFS and it read a perfect 1.025 so I think I am good there.

I think I will remove them this weekend and see how they do in one of my other tanks.

Back
Top Bottom