Zoo's/Polyps not opening?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxnonamexx

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just wanted to know what may cause Zoo's/Polyps from opening up? I have numerous colors etc. some open and some are closed. The water is good conditions just curious Thanks

Many things come into play. Please list your current temp, Ph, NH3, NO2, NO3, SG, Alk, CA. Flow has a lot to do with it. Lighting is also important. Lastly, do not discount a naughty fish in there nipping at them. What is currently in your tank?

I would like to hitchhike here....I just got some colonly polyps myself...had them for 5 days...some are open, some aren't. I thought I say my mithrax crab eating some of them!!! Is this possible? Do they have an affinity for this? The ones that are open look great btw.

parameters:
trite 0
trate 0
amm 0
sg 1.025
hardness...8dkh
ph...8.1
Ca.. 420

Tanks been set up for over 6 months

Nate, I'd give it some time. If I do a little aquascaping and move the rocks some of my zoos are on - they wont all open for a little more than a week - sometimes two. Give it time - if you've got more than 80w of lighting they should eventually come out of hiding. :)

However, if they've been in there a month and they're still closed - I'm surprised they've not perished and withered away.

How long have the zoos been in the tank?

been in the tank just four days, so I'm sure it's just early yet. Thanks!

I agree, give it some time. If they do not open up in a few days try another position in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom