0 Amn 0 Nitri 0 Nitra + Death! Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snailradel

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone,

I'm really at a loss here....I've had my 75 gallon tank up and running for a little over a month now. It's cycled (according to the liquid tests). However, the following is taking place:

A. The water has been milky/cloudy for a few weeks
B. Test results say the following:

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Ph 7.2
Temp: 81F

C. I've lost three fish in the past week.

I have an assortment of Mollies, Gourami's, Danio's and Tetra's in there plus some live plants (cabomba, crypt, rotala + java moss) I'm not over stocked (25 small fish in total) and I can't figure out why things are dying with test results that seem fine. Plus the cloudy water, I'm really at a loss here and would appreciate any help I can get!

I have an eheim 2236 canister filtering with those little Eheim bio balls (they look like cocoa puffs) and some filter floss. I recently put carbon in to see if it would help with the cloudiness and it's done nothing.

I think that's all the info I can give.

Thoughts?

Thank you!

Has your test kit expired some tend to expire and give wrong readings and try and giving it a water change with distilled water or ro/di

Test kit should still be fine.

I'm leaving towards it hasn't finished cycling. Even though ammonia and nitrite read 0. I'm going to just try and wait out the worst of it and see if it clears up.

Thanks everyone.

Back
Top Bottom