1 week, 2 dead fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ilikefishes

Aquarium Advice Freak
Out of my three platys, 2 are now dead. Water parameters are perfect. I don't even know where the one is. I looked everywhere inside and outside of the tank.

What did I do wrong?

More room for B. Rainbows I guess. I'm still annoyed though.

Tell me you didnt go to the Pet Stop. I bought 7 cardinal tetras there last week, I am down to 1. So I went to see Jim at hackettstown and picked up 4 bloodfins tonight

I had 5 of the same strain guppy drop today, one daughter, and 4 sons. pink metalheads too.

Ive never had any luck with platy's, they all die within a month of ownership. Sorry bout your fish friends, sucks but life must go on.

I got them from Petco a couple weeks into the hobby, I guess I kept them alive for awhile! And Lowryder, that's odd, I got 6 neons from there a few weeks back, and they were mixed with cardinals, and are still alive and are doing great. I read that cardinals need aquarium peat to live healthily, I don't know if that has anything to do with them dying.

neons and cardinals are from the same area for the most part, they both tend to desire a low Ph which peat does and the tannin rich waters.

They live in the wild with angels and discus, south american amazonian tetra, mostly in the blackwater creeks and smaller river trib's of the amazon

Define "perfect" water parameters.

Back
Top Bottom