2 angels w/ stringy white feces

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hbeth82

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got 4 angelfish about a month ago and this past Tuesday I noticed that one of them was hanging out at the top of the tank, not swimming or eating much, and trailing white poo. I tried feeding everybody peas several times but the angel took no interest in them, so last night I put him in the 10gal QT with some epsom salt. No change today and when I got home I noticed that another angel also has white feces (though this little guy ate peas pretty enthusiastically tonight).

I usually feed them peas once a week so I'm not sure if several of them just happen to be constipated at the same time or if it's a parasite. Also, I had to move them to my 75gal tank last week because of filter problems and just moved them back this past Monday so I'm wondering if stress from the move might be part of the problem.

Water parameters are all in good shape (0 ammonia & nitrite, nitrate < 10, water temp ~ 77). For medication, on hand I have Tetra Parasite Guard, Kanaplex, Pimafix, & Melafix. I'm thinking about putting the second angel in the QT as well, and then tomorrow depending on how they're both doing possibly treat with the Parasite Guard. Unfortunately I'm going to be out of town this weekend so I'm not sure what else I can do. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom