2 Goldies died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
2 of the goldies I have died this past week, no symptoms, no warning. I hate that. Water parameters are as good as all my other tanks which means very good. I do a lot of maintenance. No spots, no strange behaviour, no injuries, no breathing difficulties, no eating problems. Went to bed everyone was fine, got up and one died 2 days ago, one this morning. It totally sucks.

Possible ph crash? Though I'm sure you check for ph. Maybe something got into the water?

No one but themselves in the tank, no sign of injury. Ph is the same as always. Nothing can get in the tank. I did another water change just to be safe. Err on the side of caution IMO. Poo is/was normal too.

That sucks .... I lost one a few months ago like that too. Tank was totally stable, fish was fine one day & dead next morning .... nothing on the outside. Everyone else was fine so it can't be anything in the water, and even infection or parasite is unlikely as no one else is affected. The only thing I could think of was that I planted some swords a few days before & was digging in the substrate. It was possible that there was anaerobic pocket in the soil & I stirred up some H2S or other nasties ... and the fish closest to that got it. I have heard of this in ponds but never in a tank .... but being paranoid, did a complete teardown just in case.

I am not sure if that can explain it your case, but my sympathies all the same.

Awwww.... I'm so sorry. Goldies are such interactive fun fish. It's so hard to lose 'em. I've had some goldfish deaths recently and it's really hard. I made a cardboard box for each goldfish and buried them in my garden next to my canary.

Be gentle with yourself.

I'm suspecting an internal parasite even though all seems good. I am sure one of the goldie's poo was a bit stringy. Treating the tank with some Jungle's parasite clear. Better safe than sorry. They are all quite large & hardy and I don't want to lose anymore.

Back
Top Bottom