2 sick rainbow praecox

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Camescu

Aquarium Advice Freak
As the topic states, 2 of my praecox are sick.

The first seems to have a swim bladder problem and swims at a 45 degree angle (as if she is swimming up in a north west/north east direction)

The second seems very melancholy, sits near the surface not moving much. Not gasping or anything like that. And he looks like his scales have a black outline.

Tank parameters are good. Zeros across the board.

Ph 7.5 and stable

200litre with 25% weekly water changes.

Any ideas?

Have they gone to the bathroom lately? I feed my goldfish peas when I see them floating, and sometimes I will see them swimming on a strange angle. Try peas if you haven't already.

I'll look out for bathroom activity. Then try the pea trick. Thanks.

1 death. The one with swim bladder problems is still going, albeit at an odd angle.

I have 3 roseline sharks doing the same thing. I think it bacteria infection. I'm going to dose with maracyn 2. From what I read that seems best. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What temp. is your tank at? How often, and how much water do you change. Bows need as close to , pristine water as you can provide. They don't tolerate nitrates, and dissolved organics very well. Try a huge water change, you should see some results. Then several WC's on successive days.

What temp. is your tank at? How often, and how much water do you change. Bows need as close to , pristine water as you can provide. They don't tolerate nitrates, and dissolved organics very well. Try a huge water change, you should see some results. Then several WC's on successive days.

25c. I do weekly water changes at around 20-25% each time.

After the last death another rainbow took it's place as the fish looking sick and lurking around the surface. All others acted normally.

Just home now and the lurker has died. I noticed a white mark on her head and some blackening around the scales. She is a little bloated too.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401036284.192297.jpg

Back
Top Bottom