2 Zebra Danios dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rxblade123

Aquarium Advice Freak
I did a water change today and before I filled the tank up I put stress coat in to neutralize the chlorine. 2 of the Zebra danios rushed to the stress coat and tried to eat it?? Well after I filled the tank up, 1 Zebra danio fell to the gravel and stopped breathing. The other Zebra danio started spinning out of control and some blood worms came out of its mouth. I fed them before I had did the water changed and their stomaches became huge. The 2nd Zebra Danio died a few minutes later on. Could the food haved choked them or did the stress coat do something?

erp! 8O sounds like the stress coat is what did it....but I've never heard of anything like that.

Not sure they came frozen. But I think the worms had thawed before they got to it. I left them out for a few minutes because I didn't know my little brother had already taken them out for me.

When I stick in those dechlorinating tabs that fizz and little blue liquid stuff comes out, my danios try to eat it, but I've never lost one because of that (just one mystery death because I never found him). That is weird.

Back
Top Bottom