3 day Ick problem!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADCISCO

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay...I did the 3 day ick treatment with the fizzy things and I still have fish with ick....what should I do....wait a few more days to see if it goes away or should I do about 50% water change and do another ick treatment????? Has anyone else had this problem? :roll:

I think I read somewhere on this board that you should continue treating for ick for three days after you last see the ick (visibly) on your fish rather than just three days total. But someone will come along and let me know if I remembered that right or not.

Sure did Kerrinne.

Its one of the probs I have with many of the ich meds, and one of the reasons I don't use them. There never seems to be enough, and it requires spending more money and buying more product. Some racket eh?

I'd suggest either high temps or QuickCure or RidIch Plus, Adcisco. One of those used according the directions I wrote in the article should do the trick. Hopefully you won't lose any as they will be infected a little longer then they would if you started those treatments off the bat. I have my fingers crossed for em!

Last night I was going to do a water change but ended up with a house full of company and didnt get to do it. So I Think here in a minute I am going to go do the water change and do the nox ich like I usually do that does the trick...or at least it did the last time. I hope and pray this takes care of it. This morning got up to the white tetra having ick again and all the barbs are getting it and a few have it pretty bad so I had better get a hoppin'! :wink:

I'd suggest either high temps or QuickCure or RidIch Plus, Adcisco. One of those used according the directions I wrote in the article should do the trick. Hopefully you won't lose any as they will be infected a little longer then they would if you started those treatments off the bat. I have my fingers crossed for em!

exactly
raise the temp up to about 83-84 and add any one of the meds that Alli suggested.
personally i've had good results after using QuickCure

Back
Top Bottom