3 fish dead…what am I doing wrong??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok…sorry obviously not good with technology as well as fish keeping….
I've tried it again and I've added some photo's on the Freshwater Photo page….
I can't seem to get one of the white bubbles because it's retreated into the ship:(

No, no - just takes a bit to come through sometimes. Got one picture coming through. In fact you are very good at fish keeping, it's just tank size letting you down. If that was a 30 gal tank I suspect they would be doing great. Remember that in the wild the stocking density is much, much less than we attempt.

I can see the red gills and a touch of fin rot. Maybe something white at the tail base? Also are the scales lying flat? They look a bit ruffled in the picture maybe?

I can't see anything that looks like white spot. White spot will appear as little white dots over fins and body. On a fish that size probably a dozen "salt grains" would appear. And the other fish would catch it. Off to bed again but I'd guess all up bacterial infection from the water condition stress. I'll check out the FW photo page.

Edit - looking at the FW photo page I can't see any ich on there.

Last edited:
Here are some recent ones….
Seems the mysterious white tiny bumps are gone after those "Fish Saver" Drops which did list they could remove that.

So it seems it's having a hard time swimming around now and is really laying low….I guess there is truly nothing more I can do at this point.
Thanks for being good therapists during this time!

IMG_3852 2.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 2-2.jpg

photo 1-2.jpg

Thank you!

Hi all,

Thank you! The Watonai was struggling around and trying to swim last night so I thought maybe it would have gotten better but, this morning we found it dead in the tank:(
Somehow the gills looked less red but the white bump was still on it's tail.

Thank you for all your words of wisdom and advice!

I know so much more now!

Back
Top Bottom