3 weeks in, i think it has a chance. (with pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zeig

Aquarium Advice Regular
hello,
My friends fish has gone ill the past 3 weeks. it started with blakc.brown spots near its mouth that went over its body then apparently went away but the fish stayed brownish (its a goldfish of some kind). there does seem to be areas where the fish has reddish (as if some kind of burn, i thought it was from ammonia) I dont think its ammonia because the tank is very clean with frequent water changes and the other fish in the tank seems fine.

only info from my friend
week 1: spots
week 2: more spots and bottom of tank (one eye started to get black on the side)
week 3: upside down near top of tank
Now: vertical with back fin down at bottom, still breathing.

it last ate yesterday and didnt today.

any advice? i can only think of a parasite but id assume the other fish would show symptoms.

Attachments

• fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 73
  • fish2.jpg
    fish2.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 77
Poor thing. :( I have never seen something like that, so I'm afraid I'm not much help. I did want to chime in though and wish you and your friend good luck w/ getting the fish healthy. However, if the fish is currently vertical at the bottom of the tank, it doesn't sound like there's much time left for the fish. :(

thanks, thats what its looking like. i want to add that the fish's gills are slightly flared and it used to be a brighter gold and is now darker.

Also, i dont know if its in pain and Euthenaisia (sp) came up when i talked to my friend. i read the sticky on it. if it comes down to it, is there any meathod anyone has tried that they know is quick and least painfull?

i appreciate any help.

Back
Top Bottom