3rd angel on the fritz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

confusedfishmom

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi I've lost 2 angels in 2 months. 40 gal tank. 3 angels and 1 pleco. All about 8 months old. All has been well, until 1.5 mth ago one angel

Last week 2nd angel died.

Now my third and final tank mate is hanging at the bottom of the tank. Has white stringy poo.

My previous angel, I noticed that he was stating at the bottom of the tank and not eating. Very unusual. Swimming from one side of the tank to the other, almost like he was confused. Dead one day later. His gills were red, but that's also how they look normally. I'm down to one angel and one pleco. I'd really like to keep them alive. I'm thinking intestinal parasites? No other signs of anything. Tank parameters are good. Temp at 80-82. Diet dried bloodworms and flake food alternated. Any ideas? I've treated twice for flukes. But now I'm wondering, bacterial? I think I'm going to lose my entire tank! :(

Stringy white poo? Sounds like internal parasite. I had the same thing not long ago, I used Waterlife Sterazin. I love the Waterlife products, they don't hurt the plants and I am led to believe that they don't kill off the BB, they are also good to use if you have Clown Loaches or scaleless fish

Sent from anteatergoanna's burrow

Back
Top Bottom