4 year old mollie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spencer1044

Aquarium Advice Freak
So she is 4 years old. I think she's blind because she has a grey dot in the center of each eye. She's been in this tank since the beginning and has survived every catastrophic event in it. It's a 29 gal pretty heavily planted with 2 30 gal filters and a 5 gal filter with an air pump attached. I do water changes twice a week and the water conditions are ph 7.0 ammonia around 0.1 nitrite 0 and nitrate maybe around 1. Her fins look cut up and it's been like this for awhile and they arnt healing I mean they aren't rotting any further but they aren't healthy. Her body color should be jet black but it's black with faded spots everywhere and she never flares her fins anymore. She's been like this for around 3 months now and I'm not sure if she sick or if this is just a result of old age. Here are some pictures:
imagejpg3_zps24a9ac71.jpg Photo by spl1999spencer1044 | Photobucket
imagejpg1_zps9a9780dd.jpg Photo by spl1999spencer1044 | Photobucket

Well,i don't know much about mollies (this is coming from a guy who had a pleco as a first fish,and cared for it well)i'm a predatory fish expert but,i don't know much abour guppies,mollies,platies,Ect. But i'm guessing old age.

That's what I thought and I know what you mean my first fish was an Oscar second was a Pleco they are both in a 65 gal right now

She is OLD! Also, you want to get that ammonia to 0 at all times. Any ammonia will harm her fins and effect her breathing. Id do a water change and watch those ammonia levels so she has a higher quality of life in her old age.

I did they are usually 0 so I did a 50% water change so they should be back to 0 now. But ya she's a trooper she's been through a lot when I first got her I put her in and woke up the next morning to find a total of 36 mollie fry swimming around the tank which was a big first for me but do you think she is sick

Back
Top Bottom