55 gal up and running / fishies struggling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Aquaforce

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello you all as i have unintentionally took over evilnicks fourm sorry!!!

Btw my second biggest angel was unfortunately murdered by my 20 corydoras by ramming him constantly when he was struggling to stay afloat.... [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] im starting to get extremly tired of my corydoras amd want to get rid of them all! Seriously!! Anyone who wants them feel free to send me an message, otherwise i sending them to my LFS or replacing my angels with so.e carnivorous spieces that would leave my pelcos alone! [emoji36] [emoji36] [emoji36] [emoji36] [emoji36] my current biggest angel i got yesterday has currently developed a white spot on his lips.... ick? Parasite? Grrrrrr!!!

Hello you all as i have unintentionally took over evilnicks fourm sorry!!!

Btw my second biggest angel was unfortunately murdered by my 20 corydoras by ramming him constantly when he was struggling to stay afloat.... [emoji24] [emoji24] [emoji24] im starting to get extremly tired of my corydoras amd want to get rid of them all! Seriously!! Anyone who wants them feel free to send me an message, otherwise i sending them to my LFS or replacing my angels with so.e carnivorous spieces that would leave my pelcos alone! [emoji36] [emoji36] [emoji36] [emoji36] [emoji36] my current biggest angel i got yesterday has currently developed a white spot on his lips.... ick? Parasite? Grrrrrr!!!
Where has everyone gone? Seems like almost every other fish experts have disappeared!!?!

I generally find that when posting in the "unhealthy" forum I get few responses. It is very hard to diagnose many fish ailments when you are staring at your fish so it's even harder for people to chime in online.

I would suggest adding a post to the classifieds for your corys.

And then add pics of your fish with the lip spots here.

I generally find that when posting in the "unhealthy" forum I get few responses. It is very hard to diagnose many fish ailments when you are staring at your fish so it's even harder for people to chime in online.

I would suggest adding a post to the classifieds for your corys.

And then add pics of your fish with the lip spots here.
He has developed another spot on the top of his head and looks like his scales. 1484028819032.jpg

It looks big? Bigger than ick I have seen. If you have a lfs geek I would take your pics in and see if you need medicine.

It looks big? Bigger than ick I have seen. If you have a lfs geek I would take your pics in and see if you need medicine.
Like i said it looks like he has scales coming off of it and the area is white??? Like he rammed into something

My sons Betta did this trying to squeeze into tight spaces and he treated with general cure to keep it from infection.

That looks like columnaris to me on the angel. I would treat with salt or with a combination of furan 2 and kanamycin.

That looks like columnaris to me on the angel. I would treat with salt or with a combination of furan 2 and kanamycin.
columnaris?! and i wouldnt be able to do much salt due to the corydoras i have in there as well, would i?

Also i have metroplex and garlic guard as well as focus from seachem as i currently use that product. Plan on soaking them up in frozen food.. unless you have better suggestions

columnaris?! and i wouldnt be able to do much salt due to the corydoras i have in there as well, would i?

Also i have metroplex and garlic guard as well as focus from seachem as i currently use that product. Plan on soaking them up in frozen food.. unless you have better suggestions

Metroplex isn't the right antibiotic to treat columnaris. Garlic guard is worthless- garlic is bad for your fish (according to scientific research, not anecdotal evidence)

Columnaris (caused by flavobacterium columnare) is a fairly common bacterial infection in fish. It looks kinda like fungus.

Corydoras in my experience tolerate salt much, much better than conventional wisdom would suggest.

Back
Top Bottom