6 dead fish, 2 dead plecos- Need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Barb update

Hey! The Barbs are doing well! Thanks!

They both seem to have gotten rid of their bacterial infection. The water kept testing good so after 5 wks we got them friends!

We selected 2 small green tiger barbs, 2 other barbs that I can't for the life of me remember what they are (they are almost black with maroon) and a plecco that supposedly is a dwarf type that doesn't get big.

They all seem to get along just fine and have been so much fun to watch. We specifically wanted entertaining, friendly fish and the fish store owner suggested staying with barbs since they are such community fish. They've been chasing each other around and driving our cats crazy!

I do have a question regarding vegetables but I'll go search the site and post a question if I don't see an answer.

pix

I would post a picture of the plecco if I could ever find him! (named Waldo, of course) LOL He pretty much hangs out in the cave and is happily munching on algae. He must be happy because his tail wags constantly! If he ever comes out I'll snap a picture and post it.

As to the unknown, they are black ruby barbs. However, one died last night. The LFS had just closed so I couldn't take him up for inspection. I don't see any ick on any of the fish so I'm at a lost. But, I have a sample of the water and the corpse and plan on taking it up to get a look over during my lunch break. :(

Back
Top Bottom