75 Gallon Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikeythe613

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey I have a 75 gallon tank planted with 2 55 gallon filters, t5 hi output and a t8. I had a bad hair algae issue, had black greenish algae all over my rocks and wood and plants. It got to a point where I couldnt add new fish or shrimp they were just dying and i needed shrimp and siamese algae eaters to clean out my tank. I got fed up and re did my whole tank i tool all the water out all plants and fish cleaned a layer of the substrate and walls of tank.....

Cleaned all my rocks and cleaned the wood a bit then re constructed tank filled it up and after 3 days bought some fish. My tiger barbs i bought were looking a bit sick so i moved them to my smalled tank to save them... 3 shrimp died and one algae eater... wondering if this is a cycle issue you or if i didnt clean it out well enough????

need to test water....

substrate is black diamond grit with a layer of fluval.

any advice is appreciated been through to much money and to many blunts to relieve the stress lolololololol

What did you clean the tank with?

And that sucks. Do you think it was the algae growing in the tank to cause your fish to die?

Could it have been something else that you haven't quite thought of yet?

Just used a rag and some water to take off the remaining algae in the tank. No chems.

I brang water in to be tested and the guy said it wasnt to bad then i did a 35% water change, and did a few 25 after that and still had fish dying. The algae was growing on rocks glass plants im not sure if it was the problem but all the algae eaters died so quick in the old tank... as they are in the new one. I did over feed once but got most of it out I just cant think of any reasons why they still are dying the tiger barbs are all in the healthy tank now at least i know they will survive....

THE fish that are already in the tank and have been since day one are not dying actually they are doing well so maybe they got used to something in the water??? but that doesnt make sense cause i changed all of the water.... didnt clean filters cause i figured it would be beneficial bacteria...

Maybe something to do with pH. I've heard fish can adjust to that. Maybe a reason.

Sounds weird that only new fish are dying.

What is the temp at?

I'm not sure what that is. Is it rough or smooth edges? We have pool filter sand, it is awesome and is super cheap. Looks clean too but it isn't black. It is very natural looking and great for plants.

That temp seems pretty low for tropical fish. What kind of fish were dying again?

Maybe raise the temp closer to 80.

Back
Top Bottom