911 My Betta is Dying-Please Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

banileja

Aquarium Advice Newbie
MY Betta fish has been acting weird since yesterday and he's getting worse...
He is lethargic, sinks to the bottom of the bowl
He eats a little of the food, but just now when he swallowed the pellet he sank down again and struggles just to swim. He was opening his mouth like he was trying to get rid of the pellet, but nothing came out.

What could be wrong?

It's not the water-it's the same filtered water I always use.

could it be a change in food-my friend was taking care of him for a few weeks and was giving him a different brand.

PLEASE HELP!!

It's possible you have some water issues. Ours did that sort of thing when I neglected his tank a little while I was focusing on the bigger tank.

It sounds like he is "yawning" which means you've got some oxygen issues (or at least that's what I've read on here). Try doing a water change and see what happens.

Thanks for the reply. I thought that water may be the problem so I changed it last night, but he is still acting weird. I haven't noticed anymore yawning. He tried to eat a pellet this morning, but kept spitting it out. poor thing. I don't know what to do. Maybe a trip to the pet store...

If he is having trouble with the pellets get some frozen brine shrimp at the LFS. Melt a bit in some water and add to the tank. They are really easy to eat since they are so soft. And I would be doing a water change everyday for the next while.

Tell us about your setup? Tank size etc...

Back
Top Bottom