a Lump on a fish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JaretD

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys.. Noticed a a couple days ago one of my female guppy had a little white lump forming on her.. And I know it's not ich. Probably not much I can do. But I'm curious to know what it is.

Picture

Attachments

• 1399732428328.jpg
    1399732428328.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 54
Yes. You can sort of see it in the picture.. That was a few days ago.. She seems to be getting worse.. None of the other guppies seem to be effected.. My she is just old.. Also she hasn't produced fry in over 2 months.

Could be fungal if it is hairy or fuzzy above the scales. If it is more like a discoloured lesion in the scales or a smooth lump it could be bacterial. Or you could be unlucky and both.

It it both sides or just one side?

I'd try a QT and a over the counter fungal treatment course and see if decrease.

They get flake food twice a day And Blood worms every few days. All the other fish are healthy. I ended up Culling her.. She really wasn't looking the best.. But she has 8 fry to continue her name ;-) Hehe.

Well, if it was a tumour, there is not a lot you can do. Nothing that doesn't require vast sums of money.

The fry story is a bonus. The legacy lives on!

I've seen similar looking protrusions in my glass catfish, they live happy for a while, then they look less pleased, at that stage I normally do what you did.
I'm almost 100% convinced it was a tumour in both cases.

You made the correct choice I think, so have a beer!
(It's bad, but good)(y)

Back
Top Bottom