Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-24-2006, 06:44 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Puriti Send a message via MSN to Puriti Send a message via Yahoo to Puriti
ADF with a fungal infection

Well my last ADF which was part of my whole filter bacteria infection epidemic has got herself a fungal infection near her butt, the bump's red with white fuzzy strings. She's also got a bump on her bottom lip but I don't know what that is but it's not fuzzy and it's not preventing her from eating so I'm not too too worried about it....Anyone have any luck with a product to cure the fungal infection? A site recommended Tetra Fungistop but I've never heard of it but I was just curious if anyone's had any luck with any other fungicides.

Old 06-25-2006, 12:56 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
I've only had success with melafix and pimafix for my ADF's. Never had to try a stronger med. Have you tried the melafix/pimafix?

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:06 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagz
I've only had success with melafix and pimafix for my ADF's. Never had to try a stronger med. Have you tried the melafix/pimafix?
I was told when my ACF had an infected sore NOT to use melafix or primafix. it is to harsh on the sensitive skin of an amphibian.
i was told to QT and lower the temp. with lower temp comes lower metabolism, but it also slows down the infection giving time for the frogs immune system to fight off the infection.

THIS dealt with antibiotics, but i would think the same would apply to anti-fungal meds
Old 06-25-2006, 01:21 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I never had a problem with melafix or pimafix and my ADF's. That's certainly not to say that you aren't right. I'll do some research as it is always good to know. I haven't got my ADF's anymore, now I have ACF's, but the info is always useful. I haven't had to treat my ACF's yet but always good to know just in case.

-----------
Site Administrator
Old 06-26-2006, 02:42 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Puriti Send a message via MSN to Puriti Send a message via Yahoo to Puriti
I'm trying bettafix cuz that's supposed to be for more fragile fish and people told me to use it on my bettas and gouramis....the bubble popped when I was cleaning it but it seems to be getting a little better since I used the bettafix. Oh and the little blob on her chin is hard so I'm thinking she might've broken a bone and it just healed over that way
Old 06-27-2006, 01:52 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I did research melafix with ACF's and ADF's and couldn't find any information saying not to use it. Good luck with the treatment puriti.

-----------
Site Administrator

Tags
adf, fungal, infection

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com