ADF's...should I be concerned?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
I don't know if this would be qualified as a post for the unhealthy fish section but I'm not sure if it's a possibility of them being sick or what.. Please feel free to move it if it should be ^^;

Okay I have 3 ADFs:

1 has a bump (kinda like a wart) on his bottom lip
1 has a very fat stomach which I'm not sure if it's filled with fluid or he just ate too much
1 is swimming funny, like sideways and he has one side up in the air and I'm thinking a possibility of maybe a broken bone?

Any ideas? x.x

What are your parameters for that tank? The bloating is not a good sign with ADF's neither is the strange swimming.

How big is the bump?

Yeah, it almost looks like his stomach is filled with fluid if I look at him from underneath, it's all clearish and you can see his organs x.x
The strange swimming one is making me curious if he actually DID get pulled toward the siphon when I was cleaning out the tank x.x I hope he didn't break a bone because of me siphoning. The bump is maybe the size of a pen point it really isn't that big.
Ermmm.... water parameters are....about .2 -.3 ppm for Nitrites (I don't have the card but I know about what the thingies were) and 5ppm for Nitrates

I just cleared out my filter the other day because it had REALLY crappy stuff in it that I didn't notice and it was putting this clear filmy stuff over my plants which is why I think my bettas were getting sick with dropsy and I just noticed my frog being that fat about 3 days ago which was 1 day before I cleaned the filter so I'm suspecting that the filter probably helped cause all the bacterial infections in my tank... if my frog does have dropsy is there anything I can for him? I read one of the sites plecoperson gave me and it says it's probably gonna be fatal X.x yippee...

That page has a lot of info on both ADF's and ACF's. Make sure you know which species you are reading about before beginning a treatment. This page is specific to ADF's.

I know they are ADFs and his stomach is all bloated and if you look at him from underneath there's a whole lot of fluid there since I've elimated organs or a full stomach x.x I looked at one of the otherones too with a picture and it's looking like what he's got I put some aquarium salts in the water to see if that helps any.... btw my one that was swimming funny passed away. T___T

Back
Top Bottom